Dear MansaX investor,
We would like to take this opportunity to thank you very much for investing in our fund and for your continued support.
This statement seeks to address misinformation about MansaX as well as gross misrepresentations about how markets work in general and how a hedge fund is able to generate returns.
As our esteemed investor, please see below some facts about MansaX that we hope will serve to give you comfort about your investment:
1. MansaX is regulated as the first Online Forex Money Manager by the Capital Markets Authority (CMA). This is based on the Online Forex Trading Regulations of 2017. It is worthwhile to note that MansaX is the only entity that holds this license, which was granted in December 2018. Any other entity that claims to have such a license is definitely a fraud. It should also be noted by our investors that MansaX is a product of Standard Investment Bank Ltd, a fully-fledged investment bank licensed by the CMA and founded in 1995. The bank celebrated its 25 year anniversary this year. This means that it is an established firm with a serious reputation to protect.
2. The performance of global markets has been misrepresented, with claims that foreign markets have underperformed. This is untrue. Please see below the performance of certain assets that the fund invests in:
3. MansaX uses a Long and Short trading model. When asset classes lose value, MansaX is able to make a return through a method of trading called ‘going short’. This is a very unique value proposition enjoyed by our investors.
4. We have always been very clear about the asset classes that we invest in. These are in 6 asset classes: currencies, commodities, precious metals, global and local stock indices, global and local single stocks, cash and fixed income.
5. The fund holds a significant portion in non-risky assets which means that it employs a very conservative trading model. At any point in time, the funds that are invested in risky assets do not typically exceed 20% of the value of the fund.
6. The higher than average return is due to several reasons the most significant of which are:
- A much wider array of tradable asset classes (more than 200)
- Using leverage (trading with more than the available capital)
- Trading using the long and short trading model
- Access to markets around the globe through a network of partners.
7. It is a legal and regulatory requirement to warn investors that their investment can be subject to market losses from time to time. Doing so is actually a testament to our commitment to transparency while dealing with our investors and proof of our compliance with regulatory requirements.
As per our custom, we have assigned Financial Advisors and Relationship Managers to each one of you. Please feel free to reach out to them for any clarification that you may require on your investment. We would be very happy to offer you guidance on this.
Once again, many thanks for entrusting your funds with us.
Nahashon Mungai – Executive Director, Global Markets